Monday, August 27, 2012

Questions

I'm quite certain many people are wondering a) why I am keeping up with this blog; b) where on earth I get off preaching; c) if I really know what I'm talking about or if I'm just sputtering out a bunch of bull; and d) well, I'm not sure what "d" is, but I'm sure there is one.

Anyway, this post isn't a sermon, but rather a chance for me to answer the above questions, and pose a few questions of my own.

A) I started this blog for fun because of a challenge aimed in my direction. I am keeping it up because I'm enjoying the challenge, and because I am finding it educational. It's also a very good writing exercise.

B) I have been preached at by everyone from pastors to parents to strangers who think they have the right to tell me I'm a horrible person for things I have done. If they can do it, so can I. Besides, I am enjoying it. I would even try to get my own little cult going, but my Twin has already started this, and I can't take it away from him.

C) I'm just sputtering out a bunch of bull. And it's great fun. I will point out, however, that I do believe the bull I'm sputtering.

Ok, those questions answers, now allow me to ask a few of my own. These are questions I have often considered and thought about. I have my own answers, but am curious what others think...

1) Is suicide an unforgivable sin? I've heard it is, and heard the reasons. But, I find it difficult to believe that God would send someone to hell whom was simply trying to escape such a hell

2) How are we to believe the Bible as a true and accurate account of God if the Roman Catholics left out so many books?

3) If a child promises their soul to the devil in exchange for peace, are they then soulless? Is there any hope?

4) Well, I'm sure there is a "4" somewhere, but my brain is quickly shutting down tonight.

Disqus Shortname

Comments system