Friday, March 29, 2013

Prayer


I had decided that because my brain was a bit too mush tonight to write a blog post that made sense and/or had any merit, I'd leave you all with a prayer instead. However, as is always the case with prayer, I couldn't think of a single word to utter. This usually ends up happening, whether I am prayer with others, or attempting to write a prayer here, or if I'm in the privacy of my own room. I just can't come up with the words. I know what I want to say - or rather, I feel what I want to say. The words and emotions are there, filling my heart to the point I feel it may burst, and yet these words refuse to escape.

Thankfully, the Lord knows what is in my heart and mind and spirit. He knows the wrongs I have done, the gratefulness I feel within for the blessings in my life, and the sorrows and hardships weighing down my spirit. He understands my heartfelt thankfulness; my mindful repentance of my sins; my soulful need for comfort and peace.

And I think this is ok. I think it is sometimes necessary and acceptable to simply fold your hands, close your eyes, and open your heart and soul. Let God in. Let him feel the prayers you are too overwhelmed to speak. And so, rather than write a post or a prayer (beyond what is hastily typed in this post), I will go sit in silence and allow my soul to speak to the Lord.

I pray you all have a blessed Easter. May your weekend be filled with the laughter and hugs of loved ones as we remember the beautiful, wondrous, gracious gift God gave to all of us.

God bless,
Brandi

1 comment:

  1. "for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

    Amen! God bless you too, sister.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system