Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Things that Make Me Go 'What the...?' (pt 2)

Some days...

Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up, and pretty much everything you read gets under your skin? I'm currently having one of those days.

The Blame Game:

It started with reading that Facebook is being forced by users to remove one of their feeling statuses. I can no longer make my status "I am feeling fat" - because apparently this will cause low self-image. "Fat isn't a feeling" is the reasoning behind the removal. Well, anyone who doesn't think we can feel fat has obviously not had one of those yummy delicious meals that we just cannot stop eating, even though we knew 3 plates earlier we were already full.

I also learned today that rock music is to blame for depression, drunkenness, suicide, hopelessness, etc. The only way to avoid those feelings is to change your music to classical or Christian music.

Thou Shalt not Scroll Past God Posts without Liking:

Or how about the ever popular memes" "Sadly, 97% of Facebook users won't repost this. When Jesus died on the cross, He was thinking of you. If you are the 3% who cares, repost and like this. Repost if you love God. He already saw you read it." Because, we all know God gives a damn if we're liking posts about Him on Facebook.


The Biggest Gift of God (huh?):

Another one that just made me want to scream:  "Parents are the biggest gift of God in this world." I won't even get into that one.

Apparently, technology is also a gift from God, but the meme I saw that on said it was second after Life. Glad whoever wrote that one has their priorities straight.

Watching Someone Drown (aka the one that irritated me the most):



"The worst thing is watching someone drown and not being able to convince them that they can be saved if they only looked up. The Savior walks on water."

Ok, I do understand the concept behind this one. But, it's still wrong. We are not supposed to sit there and watch someone drown, all while yelling "Hey! Turn to God! It'll be fine. You'll be ok if you just believe!"  I believe we're to actually be the hand reaching out to them, helping them out. We're to be there with them, loving them, guiding them, showing them, did I mention loving them? We're to jump in after them, hold them close, and stay beside them while they swim to the surface.

Sitting there and watching someone drown does absolutely nothing. Trying to brow-beat them into believing does absolutely nothing.

And thus ends my rant:

I'm sure I could come up with several others, but we'll hold it here for now. By the way, for those who recognized the "pt 2" in the title... after I started writing this post, I remembered I had written another "Things that make me go 'what the...?'" a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system