Monday, September 2, 2013

I'm a Liar, and a Murderer...

I learned something about myself today... perhaps I have always known it. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say I have accepted the truth about myself today...

I am a liar.

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. (1 John 4:20)

I am a murderer.

Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him. (1 John 3:15)

I know not love... or how to love.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

1 comment:

  1. Makes one wonder if maybe He isn't a little psycho....

    Seriously, thank you for that reminder, Greg.

    Part of why I wrote this short little post... earlier today, I realized just how capable I am of hate. To say "I hate someone" seems... eh. No big deal. But to put it in the words Jesus used? To refer to it that way and say that I am a murderer? Ouch. That hit me...

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system