Thursday, October 19, 2017

Darkside Devotionals

I've spent a bit of the morning watching my binge-worthy obsession - Law and Order: SVU. And both of the last two episodes I watched put me into a writing mood. I had to force myself to shut off Netflix (well... okay... I didn't shut it off. I paused it).

Anyway, each episode gave me an idea for a short writing, and considering the show, these writings were a bit on a darkside. Or rather, showed a darkside which turned to light. And so I decided to start a new series - Darkside Devotionals. Granted, most of what I write has that theme already. Hell, most of anything in life has that theme. We are dark and sinful creatures... and find light.

I recently read something that compared us all to photography film. Those in the digital age may not understand this analogy, but those who remember having to take a roll of film in to be developed... or those who develop film still... will understand. The negatives we had... those images were inverted. We were dark. It wasn't until the photo was developed that the image became clear.

That's how life is. That's how we all are. We are dark and sinful. We see things as dark and painful. We settle into a dark and cloudy mindset. We live life in a dark and sorrow-filled world. But through Christ, the real image does become clear. And that is the point of these devotionals.

I will be (hopefully) keeping them short. But I do ask one favor of all reading them....

I want scripture references!

I have a habit of trying to find scripture to back up my writing... and get so caught up in it that I don't actually write. So, I'm going to do the writing... and request that if you read one and a certain piece of scripture hits your brain, please comment with that scripture.

Thank you, and happy darkside devotionalizing.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system