Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I am a Sinner






I am a sinner.
I drink too much and smoke too much. I sometimes cuss a little too often. I have broken all the commandments in one way or another. I have let my temper get the best of me. I have hurt people I love.

I am not perfect. I am a sinner.

That is why I go to church. Or, at least, why I did. I attend church to confess my sins, be reminded of the forgiveness God has given, and to praise God for all the blessings in my life. I go to church to grow in faith, to feel God's presence, and to remind myself to try to do better in showing Godly love to everyone I meet.

I am a sinner.

This is why I do morning and night prayer every day, not just on Sundays. This is why I read scripture daily. I do these things to grow in faith, to feel God's presence, and to learn how to be better, especially in showing Godly love to everyone.

I am a sinner.

This is why I write sermons. I do not know more than anyone else. Writing sermons or other blog posts such as this one is to grow in faith, to feel God's presence, and to learn how to be better. Writing forces me to concentrate on God's Word and dig deeper into the meaning of it and what God wants from me.

I am a sinner.

This is why I have Christian friends - brothers and sisters in Christ. I have these friends to grow in faith, to share God's presence and allow it to be shared with me, and to practice showing Godly love.

I am a sinner.

But I belong to God and while I will always be a sinner, I will not give up on the God who loves me in spite of my sinfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system