Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down

This post isn't about the fun little nursery rhyme many of us grew up chanting with our friends. But it is about ashes, and about falling down.

Today is Ash Wednesday... it marks the beginning of the Lent season, and as I did last year (not too successfully) and promised again to do this year, I will be writing a post every day during this season. These posts are for myself (even though I share them publicly and welcome/encourage comments)... they're a chance for me to reflect on God and with God. A chance for me to strengthen my relationship with Him, and let go of my relationship with sin. A time for me to cleanse my heart and prepare a place for Him there. A time for me to renew my spirit in Christ Jesus.

Today, I fall on bended knee before the Lord in repentance. Today, I fall on bended knee before the Lord in servitude. Today, I fall on bended knee before the Lord, recognizing that I am but dust, and to dust I shall return, but that forever I want my soul to be more than dust or ash... I want it to be with the Lord and for the Lord.

May God bless each of you today and through the Lenten season as we spend the next 40 (46) days reflecting on Christ, and preparing for the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system