Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It's Not My Problem

Earlier today, I was talking to a friend who was feeling a little down, and he told me it's not my problem. I know I've done that before too when I've been in a depression - I've told friends not to worry about it... it's not their problem.

I've heard people say (and probably even thought it myself), when seeing someone else having issues, "It's not my problem." I think most of us have, at least once or twice, thought this. We don't want to jump in and help. Or, we don't think we have any help to offer.

It dawned on me today, as I was talking to this friend, that yes... yes it is my problem. He is someone in need of a friend. He is someone in need. And isn't that our job? Isn't that what following Christ is all about?

Imagine how different life would be if we start recognizing the hardships and sorrows of other people as our problem. As a community, Church, family... we should be noticing the struggles of others and doing something about those struggles - even if that simply means supporting the person emotionally. And, we individuals having these difficulties, we shouldn't be saying "It's my problem", we should be willing to ask for help.

We're all in the same boat - let's all chip in to stay afloat.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system